Thursday 13 June 2013

English E-portfolio

English

1st assignment: Observe a vegetable and write out a descriptive essay

                 Upon completing this essay, I have learned to enhance my observation skills by observing closely onto the vegetable I have picked, which is a Japanese mushroom. Throughout my observation process on the mushroom, I have applied the five sensory receptors, which includes vision, smell, sound, touch and taste. With every recorded detail I did with using each sensory receptors, I wrote down the event and happenings I have done during the essay process. I even wrote the details into mind-map form. After that, all I have to do is to imagine of anything that I could possibly think of relating to the mushroom in order to make the essay to look more interesting. Overall, this assignment was pretty weird for me as this is my first time doing this sort of work which actually needs much brainstorming session.


2nd assignment: Compare and Contrast Essay

Historical or Musical genre?

                        

               Both of the movies above are the historical genre shows that I have picked as my essay topics. 

            Basically, this assignment requires us to understand what is the true meaning of historical genre. We were to assigned to watch two historical movies in order to do either a comparison or contrast essay. Thus, I have wrote down the important events that was happening in the movies, the history of the story, the culture, the lifestyles and etc. From there, I could learn about histories that occur in other countries over the centuries as well. The movies that I have watched weren't boring at all, which I expected them to be the typical boring historical movies. It is an interesting essay to write on as this is my first time writing an essay based on movies.


3rd assignment: Debate

          This was one of my favorite task among all. My debate topic is about Malaysia services have so much to be offered. My group's aim were to against the topic, which we will have to talk most of the bad issues about the services in Malaysia. It was quite a challenge during the debate session in class. The feedback we have received from the lecturer was we lack eye contact, low voice presentation and a little of mumble. But overall, it was still satisfying.


4th assignment: Research Essay

Aim: To write out a research essay about three businesses in the same market field.

         We have chosen to interview businesses in the food business field. Among the three business would be, 'Who's Bryan Coffee & Cuisine', 'Italiannies' and 'Chillis'. We went one of their branches at certain location for all three businesses respectively to have an interview with the business manager. We basically touched on the background of the business, the employees needed, products offered and a little details on the future development plans.

Here are some pictures we took from those three business

- This will be us with the managers at 'Who's Bryan Coffee & Cuisnine'

- Us taking picture with the manager from 'Italiannies'

- Last but not least, a group photo with manager from 'Chilis' 


That is all! Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment