Wednesday 12 June 2013

Effective Public Communication E-portfolio

Effective Public Communication 


Class Test

            The first thing I wanted to say about this test was failure. I did very bad in my test as it was a tough paper for me. But unfortunately, I have no one to blame as I am the one who didn't put in effort to revise for exam. And shamefully, I had to admit that I have taken this subject lightly and did procrastinated many times. But a extra assignment was given by the lecturer in order for us to gain marks from it, so we could at least cover up the marks from the exam, which is a big help to maintain our grade. Therefore, I am not going to let this chance slip away by paying more attention onto the extra assignment.


Individual Essay

          I have selected question number 3 as below:
  
          3. Families are group characterized by ongoing interdependence with long-term commitment that stem from blood, law and affection. While this is true, families often go through conflict when the children are in their adolescent years. Explain how conflicts at this stage can be resolved and illustrate your ideas with some possible examples and scenarios. 

Reflections: 

        Upon completing this essay, I have realized and learned much about family relationships and how conflicts can occur. Everyone knows that family comes first, whereby relationships are the closest among all people. But where there are relationships, there are sure to be conflicts as well no matter how perfect the relationship is. Conflicts are born from disagreements in opinions and misunderstandings between people. In regular families, children at teenage years are tend to be more rebellious, thus sometimes they will attempt to ignore or rebel their parents' decisions. And from there, both parties will start to quarrel and show aggression. If this prolongs, the conflict will be getting worse, it will deepen our hatred in our hearts. Hence, I had applied various concepts from the chapter Conflict and Negotiation in order to come up with ways to resolve these problems. And from this assignment, I have personally gain knowledge too regarding this matter, in case this happens to me in reality. 


Group Assignment: Script Writing

           Basically, this is a group assignment, whom my group members will be Cheah Ee Von, Gennieve, Mercy, Sheila and me. We were assigned to come out with a script in dialogue form to write on a story based on the given chapter to our group, which is Verbal Messages. We were required to apply the concepts in that chapter to relate on the story we work on. The story we have thought about was a romance story. 
          
           As I was the group leader, we have discussed on the story and we wrote a draft of it. Later on, I have divided jobs to each of the group member to work on the scripts on their given part. We did some discussions too via Facebook as well. And finally when everyone has done their part, I compiled all their works and mine, I did a little correction of their scripts in order to match the whole story dialogue and printed out the whole report. On the presentation day, I call up a last meeting on how are we suppose to present to our lecturer. And everything turned out to be just fine. 

        That is all! Thank You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment